SUPERVISION CONSULTANT SERVICES FOR THE EXECUTION OF A 5 YEAR NON-REVENUE WATER REDUCTION PROGRAM, THROUGH A PBC, IN NASSAU AND NEW PROVIDENCE ISLAND
An association of firms lead by Miya Bahamas Ltd. (MIYA), the NRW Contractor, has been contracted to reduce NRW in New Providence over a period of 10 years (from 2013 to 2022): Phase I – NRW Reduction (5 years), and; Phase II - Maintenance of NRW Reduction (5 years).
The NRW performance based contract has a total amount of 83 million USD, including 23.7 million of variable performance compensation.
The goals are the following:
• Reduce the average daily volume of NRW from 5.5 MIGD to 2.5 MIGD (20,800 m3/day to 9,500 m3/day);
• Provide 38,000 households with improved access to drinking water;
• Provide an additional 2,000 households with access to drinking water;
• Reduce the number of households that use private wells;
• Train WSC staff on techniques and processes for reducing NRW;
• Assist with improving the management of assets.
Description of WMI services
The mains topics continually monitored by WMI/SCE are the following: Logistics, Leak Detection & Repair, Pressure Transient Control & Pressure Management, Pressure Zones (PZ) & District Metering Areas (DMAs) Boundaries Control, DMA Pressure Management, Replacement of Faulty Loggers, Netbase software implementation, Maintain up to date Geographical Information System and data Analysis, Inactive Service Lines Disconnection, Selective Service Line Replacement, Selective Mains Replacement, NRW Reduction Asset Maintenance, Update and Calibrate Hydraulic Model, System Optimization, Align Meter Reading Routes to DMAs, SCADA, Trainings, Social intervention program.