PILOT PROJECT FOR THE REDUCTION OF WATER LOSSES IN THE DISTRIBUTION NETWORK OF CALI, COLOMBIA
Project of water losses reduction in the distribution network of the city of Cali, in 3 pilot areas (Total of 147 km of network, 18 000 customers).
Description of WMI services WMI
- Intervention of international experts, specialized in commercial and technical losses;
- Training of operating personnel for the use of leak detection equipment of new technology;
- Sectorization – isolation control , optimization and installation of the measurement points;
- Calculation of the rate of Non-Revenue Water (Base Line) in the pilot areas;
- Repair and detection of non-visible leaks;
- Active Pressure Control and regulation;
- Project management, monitoring of leaks, pressure and flow in the pilot areas;
- Large customers surveys (total of 2 000 large customers selected);
- Recovery of commercial losses (fraud, underground connections) – Total of 100 cases treated (detection and water cut off);
- Metrological testing of the domestic meters fleet (1 100 meters);
- Supply and installation of 2 000 domestic meters including 500 equipped with a system of Automated Meter Reading (AMR);
- Deployment of the fixed Automated Meter Reading network (AMI and AMR).
- Water losses in the distribution system divided by 2 in the areas of intervention;
- According to the results, creation of a technical-economic model in a medium term, currently in progress.