IMPROVEMENT OF THE WATER DISTRIBUTION INFRASTURCTURES AND REDUCTION OF NON REVENUE WATER IN KRAGUJEVAC AND BELGRADE
Strongly supported by the French Government, a complete program of research, reduction and control of unaccounted water volumes was established for the city of Kragujevac (150,000 inhabitants, 480 km of distribution network) along with a preparatory mission for the city of Belgrade.
Both cities have water supply problems and periods of water shortage. Those proposals were in perfect accordance with the expectations of local decision makers to optimize the technical management of their existing facilities in order to conserve and improve the water distribution of water without investing heavily in new production equipment.
Description of WMI services
- Verification, analysis and updating existing plans of distribution systems
- Supplying of specialized equipment for flow / pressure measurements, audit of tanks and leak detection,
- General measurements campaigns in oder to audit and diagnosis systems working
- Establishing priorities of actions in identified and tested areas
- Setting performance targets to be achieved with the water utility for the duration of the project
- Definition of a strategy to reduce and control the volume of Non Revenue Water
- Definition of an active strategy for monitoring physical losses (ALC)
- Application of all the strategies identified in several areas
- Leaks repairs campaign in some pilot areas
- Analysis of demand in selected areas
- Verification of metering systems and consumed volumes
- Definition and order of hydraulic equipment for emergency repairs
- Supervision of emergency repairs
- Systematic control and evaluation of the improvements
- Creation of a team "leak detection and maintenance systems"
- Theoretical and continuous on-site training and technology transfer
- «Linear Leakage Indexe»: 1.22 leaks per km
- Efficiency of leak detection: 94%
- Minimum Night Flow reduction: 35%
- Volumes reduction of produced water : 15%