NON REVENUE WATER REDUCTION PROJECT APPLIED TO THE "AN DIEN - AN PHU" PILOT ZONE OF HO CHI MINH CITY
WMI was selected by the Water Company of Ho Chi Minh to carry out a diagnosis of Non Revenue Water and implement immediate solutions in primary areas of the city (40% of Non Revenue Water).
The pilot area included 40 km of network and more than 20,000 inhabitants. The percentage of Non Revenue Water had increased over 20% during the previous two years without SAWACO could have clearly identified the causes.
The implementation of the Non Revenue Water Reduction program ensured an improvement of the effectiveness of SAWACO through training sessions and technology transfer.
Description of WMI services
- General audit
- Network drawing, implementation of network and customer GIS using GPS tools
- Measurement and analysis of domestic and industrial customers consumption profiles
- Water meters sample testing on test bench facility
- Customer survey, large consumers study and analysis of commercial procedures
- Implementation of network zoning, flow/pressure measurement campaign
- Network modeling
- Leak detection campaign
- WSC staff training and technology transfer
- Determination and implementation of sustainable solutions to reduce losses: leak repairs, proposal for pressure, modulation, selective replacement and resizing of meters, correction of commercial anomalies
- Before the project: «Linear Leakage Index»: 94 m3 per day per km
- After the project: «Linear Leakage Index»: 71 m3 per day per km
- Sectorization of 40 km of network
- Supplying of equipment and management tool for the improvement of the network performance