ZAWA PILOT SCHEME FOR THE CONTROL AND REDUCTION OF NON-REVENUE WATER IN THE ZANZIBAR CITY WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM
Integrated Project for the diagnosis and the reduction of Non-Revenue Water in a pilot area of the water supply system of Zanzibar city.
Description of WMI services WMI
- Sectorization’s checking of the pilot zone of Chukwani and installation of macro-metering in the input area;
- Supply and installation of production and zoning water meters for the areas of Chukwani and Kiembesamaki;
- Measurements of flow / pressure;
- Leak detection and repairs;
- Evaluation of the customers’ database;
- Customers’ inventory in the pilot zone;
- Consumption measurements of a sample of consumers and assessment of the consumptions by categories (domestic, industrial, agricol…);
- Assessment of the water balance;
- Assessment of the Non-Revenue Water;
- Priorization of the recommended actions to ZAWA.
- Assessment of the Non-Revenue Water of Chukwani Pilot zone;
- Recommendations for the reduction of the Non-Revenue Water and the improvement of ZAWA services.