SME'S ALLIANCE FOR DRINKING WATER LOSSES REDUCTION AND CONTROL BUSINESS IN YANGON CITY, MYANMAR
The project aims establishing a comprehensive Action Plan for reducing the NRW factor in Yangon City and especially the physical losses reduction. It is based on the introduction in Myanmar of the Helium gas tracing as leakages detection methodology tested in its technical aspects within a pilot zone.
This project is executed on a private initiative leaded by our local partner T&E int’l based in Yangon, Myanmar. It has been partly funded (approx. 50 %) by the German cooperation (GIZ), the rest by WMI.
Description of WMI services
- Procurement and installation in a van of a customized equipment for Helium injection and tracing;
- Installation of 5 injection points incl. mechanical meters (dia. 100 to dia. 150 mm);
- Pipe location and topographic survey of the entire pilot zone network (36 kms);
- Update of the GIS and building of the hydraulic model for the pilot zone;
- Drilling all asphalted/concrete streets of the entire pilot zone;
- Helium sniffing and leakages detection:
- 4 injections phases of Helium (35 Nm3)
- 126 leaks located (around 17 leaks/kms)
- Pressure levels in the network : lower than 0,5 bar
- Training of YCDC staff in NRW reduction (Network Zoning + PI’s management).
Pipe location (procurement and use of a georadar) and topographic survey of the pilot zone network;
GIS update (ArcGIS) and preliminary Hydraulic Model created for the Project area;
Procurement, installation and use of a customized equipment for leakages detection by Helium gas tracing of the pilot zone network;
YCDC staff trained for network optimization.